FM RADIO PROJECT FOR KIRUMBA SEVENTHDAY ADVENTIST CHURCH MWANZA TANZANIA

 BACKGROUND

The Kirumba Seventh day Adventist Church is located in The South Nyanza Conference, near Lake Victoria in Mwanza city northern Tanzania. The church was built in the year 1965. Being the first church to be built around here; it is recognized as the mother church of all the 56 churches   in the city. South Nyanza Conference covers an area of 70,373sqkm with a population of 6,954,501people (2002sensus.) This conference leads all other conferences in the Tanzania Union by having 554 churches and a membership of 112,574 that is 27% of the entire membership in the Union.  This is 0.2 of the population in the SNC.

This radio project will be financed and operated by Kirumba Seventh Adventist church but signal coverage is planned to reach the entire population of the South Nyanza Conference shown above.

This is not a small project. It is a big project that requires resources from GOD fearing men and women from all over the world who are called as to bring in the shiefs as faithful workmen in his field.

 REASONS FOR THE FM RADIO PROJECT

In spite of being the leading conference in number of churches and membership, South Nyanza Conference is facing an uphill task of evangelizing the population around it. Among many other reasons the following are the basic reasons that compelled the church to have this mission:

          Improve Church Growth

 Only 1.6% of the people in the conference are Adventists. This is a challenging fact. The remaining 98.4% are living in darkness. Alongside the traditional methods of preaching i.e. public preaching evangelism, literature evangelism; radio evangelism will reach many people at the same time and at a speeder rate. This will improve church growth at a greater speed.

  • Minimize cost of Evangelism

 The radio could reach all the 6.9m people at the same time and at lesser cost. Money saved out of this will be used in other pressing church needs like employing more pastors to look after the new flock won through radio and other means of evangelism.

  • Improve spiritual & physical health

 The radio will provide lessons on food and diet, hygiene, infectious diseases in the area. This program will improve physical as well as spiritual health of believers and prospective believers.

PROJECT ESTABLISHMENT BUDGET

Budget item

Cost

Source of finance

Preliminary expenses

20,000

Church budget

Cost of Building

120,000

Church budget

Cost of Equipment

90,000

Donor funds

Working capital

80,400

Funds from operations & donors

 Cost of Building & Preliminary expenses

Construction of the building for the radio station is in progress and is being financed by the church budget as shown above. Preliminary expenses as well will be financed the church budget.

 Cost of equipment 

The church is appealing to all GOD fearing people from all over the world to donate and finance the cost of the radio equipment.

 Working Capital Financing

The radio project is planned to be an autonomous project that will generate its own funds to meet the running costs as shown on the below analysis of cash flows during operations;

ACTIVITY

INFLOW(USD)

OUTFLOWS(USD)

Commercial adverts

28,000

 

Choir Music recordings

17,200

 

Donor  funds

24,000

 

Program sponsorship

26,000

 

Greeting cards programs

23,600

 

Employment costs(salaries & wages)

 

24,000

License fee

 

1,000

Production cost

 

19,600

Electricity  & generator  expenses

 

12,800

Depreciation of equipment

 

6,400

CDs ,DVDs for storage and back up

 

9,000

Professional expenses

 

7,600

Totals(USD)

118,800

80,400

Surplus(USD)

 

38,400

 Click

 

 

 

 

Adventist Review

Inter-American Church Creates New Committee to Coordinate Disaster Relief

Move is prompted by last string of natural disasters in the region.

Harvest Festival Welcomes New Believers in Euro-Asia

Traditional celebration becomes an occasion for thanksgiving and decisions for Christ.

script type="text/javascript"> var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-33516313-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); (function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();